Thursday 5 January 2012

Getting Back to Romance ...

One Rose, Two Hearts.
I always had trouble with a new school term, it took a few weeks to get back into the rhythm of study and I'm having similar problems getting my head into gear after the Christmas break. Up until Christmas preparation came between me and my key board things were going well. I have a first draft of sorts and put it away to begin editing in the New Year.
The trouble is that New Year is now almost a week old and I haven't really begun. I have the edited the first chapter but can't seem to find the discipline to sit down and do the rest.  I love writing the frist draft when my creative juices are flowing and I am swept away with the romance of it all but picking out the flaws, untying the tangles just doesnt have the same appeal.  so, I have been procrastinating and running out of time.
In February I am attending Kate Walker's advanced romance writing course in Fishguard and I need to take my first three chapters with me. If I don't get my finger out they won't even be properly finished.
I am writing this in the hope that it will dislodge the unsightly lump that has come between me and my novel ...ME!  Did I mention I was on a diet? :))
Oh, and before I go, have a wonderful romantic 2012 and may all your dreams come true.

No comments:

Post a Comment