Wednesday 28 November 2012

Catching up with the News

It is a long time since I have blogged but I don't suppose you've missed me. I have not been idle though. Since writing and publishing Where the West Wind Blows I've been taking a little holiday to recharge my batteries and decide where to go from here.

2012 has been a busy year for me. I have all my novels and a collection of short stories available on Kindle and have enjoyed making new friends and contacts during the marketing process. I do hope I haven't bored everyone to death with my promotions. It isn't really in my nature to be so forward but, if you want to sell books, you have to pretend to be a bit pushy.  The Kindle sales are going very well. The favourite still seems to be Vittorio's Virgin despite a rather scathing review of it on Amazon. 'Unmittigated drivel' the reviewer tagged it - and then proceeded to mention all the unrealistic aspects  - all of which are found in romance novels the world over. That is the thing with romance, it isn't like real life, nor is it meant to be. The reviewer, who picked the novel up as a freebie, is obviously not a fan of the romance genre and should perhaps stick to reviewing other genres. And despite her best efforts Vittorio continues to please and is swiftly followed by the delectably handsome Johnathan Barberis-Jones from The Greek Tycoon's Secret Daughter.  

Come Dance With Me took a while to take off but people are beginning to notice it now and sales increasing now that Strictly Come Dancing and Dance with the Stars are now on our television screens once more. 
As the year draws to a close I can relax, apply  myself to marketing again and dream up a new romantic interest to warm you in 2013.

Due to the success of my e-books and the requests I've had for paperbacks, Vittorio's Virgin, The Greek Tycoon's Secret Daughter, Come, Dance With Me, Where the West Wind Blows and For One Night Only are now available in paperback from my publisher. Please click the Link below to purchase. 

1 comment: